Carrot Ginger Soup
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- salt to taste
- 4 medium carrots chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2cup coconut milk (homemade, optional)
- In a large pressure cooker, warm the oil and sauté the onions, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the carrot and ginger, and sauté for about 1 minute until evenly coated and aromatic.
- Add the vegetable broth and the remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium, and simmer, mostly covered, take 3 whistles, wait for steam and then open to serve.