Emmer Wheat Barley Daliya Ladoo Recipe
- 200 gm EWB daliya
- 100 gm Brown sugar or Jaggery
- 100 gm Homemade Ghee
- 3tbsn Oil (can use any)
- Poppy seeds/khuskhus
- Warm water to knead the dough
- Grind the EWB Daliya in a mixture grinder.
- Take grinded Emmer wheat and Barley flour in a bowl and add oil then sprinkle the warm water slowly as the dough needs to be hard like bhakhri.
- Make six equal balls of the dough.
- While the tawa is getting heated, start rolling the dough balls in flat round circle. Make sure not to roll it very thin.
- Now put the bhakhri on the tawa and cook both sides on medium flame.
- After the bhakhri is cool, cut them into small pieces.
- In the grinder add the pieces and grind it to a coarse mixture powder.
- Heat ghee and add jiggery to it, stir till jiggery melts.
- Add the above mix to the coarsely grounded bhakhri powder. Mix all the ingredients well and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Divide the mixture into small portions with the help of hand by pressing gently, make round balls.
- Sprinkle poppy seeds/khuskhus on each Ladoo.
- Low Glycemic Index due to Emmer and Barley suitable for Diabetics too.
- High Fiber helps to lose weight and easy in digestion making the lodoo guilt free.
- Rich in Beta Glucan, good for gut bacteria.
- Enjoy the naturally nutrient rich Emmer and Barley for a healthy you!
Your Ladoos are ready to serve lord Ganesha!
Happy Vinayak Chaturthi Everyone!
Stay Inside, Stay Safe!