What should we do at home to ensure our elders have a good Immune System?
There might be times when you don’t feel like eating or have problem in chewing whole fruit or vegetables due to age related factors. Soft diet in the form of juices and soups come very handy, it rejuvenates your body with the required nutrients and boosts the immune system in times of Covid19.By taking the below actions, we can help prevent ourselves and our loved ones from suffering seriously by corona virus. A strong immune system can be the best defence against covid-19.
Things to keep in mind –
- Follow a regular sleep and day pattern – in days of lockdown, do not self deprive yourself of Sleep. By not sleeping enough, we increase stress and hurt our immunity. Sleep is important to rebuild immune system.
- Reduce stress – when we are stressed out, our body produces stress hormones which impact the immune system. Try to reduce stress by engaging in small activities which are engaging and give happiness like playing with kids, cooking, music, reading a book or doing things on time.
- Exercise but in limit – overdoing is possible since we are not having much to do otherwise, anything in moderation is good.
- Reduce toxins – toxins in forms of dust, aromatic, food preservatives and others are very harmful to the immune system. They end up increasing inflammation also. Reduce toxins. Liver detoxification is essential to reduce toxin levels in the body.
- Take your medicines regularly and monitor your blood pressure and sugar levels. Do not skip any medicine, this will put you in serious risk zone by making you take a trip to the emergency zone of any hospital in these days. Better take telephonic consultation with your physician when feeling uncomfortable.
- Take Immunity Boosting supplements like –
- Vitamin D3
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- B Vitamins
Immune supporting food like citrus fruits, colorful vegetables, garlic, broccoli, kale, coriander etc. will be difficult to get during lockdown, but your kitchen is the medicine cabinet. Spices like turmeric, black pepper, cloves, fennel, licorice, basil, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds are all full of immune boosting minerals and vitamins. To know further email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Immunity boosting recipes for elders (>65 yrs)
Beet, carrot, ginger, pinch of black pepper and turmeric root or powder
This juice has four root vegetables that’ll help your immune system and decrease inflammatory symptoms. Inflammation is often an immune response to infections. It can cause flu or cold symptoms like a runny nose, coughs, and body aches. You will benefit from drinking this juice, as the turmeric and ginger have anti-inflammatory effects, apart from giving protection to the body.
Kale, tomato, and celery
Kale is a staple for many green juices. Instead of cutting the taste of kale with fruits, this juice recipe uses tomato and celery juice, adding more than enough vitamin A. The horseradish in this recipe may also provide anti-inflammatory benefits. Blend it up for a drink that’ll awaken your senses.
Take good care of yourself and your elders. Eat healthy and stay indoors.